Demand-Free, Off-Peak Heating
The Steffes ThermElect Hydronic (9100 Series) is a commercial, institutional, and industrial heating system that blends hydronic heating with Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) technology. Schools, hospitals, and churches are just a few examples of facilities that have been successful in reducing their peak demand, better managing their energy consumption, and saving money with off-peak ETS heating systems.
The low cost electricity is utilized to store electricity as heat in specially designed high-density ceramic brick. Brick core temperature is regulated by outdoor temperature and heat need. The stored heat is transferred from the bricks to a water solution which is circulated to where heat is needed.
The control system allows for easy customization and building load management integration. The ThermElect Hydronic is an environmentally friendly heating system offering great safety and reliability with minimal maintenance.
The Steffes ThermElect Hydronic off-peak electric heating system is extremely flexible and can handle multiple zones. Its versatility allows it to be used in, but not limited to, any of the following applications: primary space heating, supplement to heat pumps or boiler systems, pre-heating of fresh air, and domestic water heating.
- Selectable outlet water temperature (can automatically adjust based on outdoor weather temperature)
- Built-in energy and demand management control center can be used as a stand-alone system or can receive a 4-20mA or 1-5 Volt DC signal from an external energy management system
- Heat storage is regulated automatically or by local control based on heating need and/or power capacity of facility
- Programmable microprocessor-based control system allows for application customization and self-diagnostics
- Digital display provides operating and diagnostic information
- Super insulation package ensures low surface temperatures and minimal static heat dissipation
- BACnet communication and control interface available
- Integrated SSR control to provide variable input power regulation