- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Sites, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on the Sites. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone, but below you will see how some of your information will be used, stored or occasionally shared.
Purchase and Login Information: If you pre-order or purchase Steffes products from our Site, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. If you create a Steffes account, your name, billing and shipping address and the last four digits of your credit card information can be stored by Steffes. We do not collect or store your full credit card information. Our credit card processing service provider will collect and store full payment card information from you, even as a guest user, when an order is placed until it ships.
Mailing List Information: You may choose to submit your email address in a submission form located on our Site or when you sign up for a Steffes account. Your email address may be used to send you news about Steffes-related services, surveys, products or promotions. We may use one or more service providers, including to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
Device Usage information: If you are logged into your Steffes account, we record the IP address you visit our Site from, and if you have a Steffes device or other connected device, we record utility company meter and/or account numbers, as well as adjustments you make to the product through the interface. We store this data along with your email address, information about your Steffes device, data collected directly by the device, a history of your device settings, and any other information we have collected about your use of Steffes products and services.
Minors: Our Site does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
Data Sharing: Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Steffes products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- With your permission: We may share personal information when we have your permission. One example of this would be if you sign up for programs offered by our partners (e.g. energy and power utility companies). If you do this, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include things like your enrollment information and the activation status of your device. Steffes will request your consent to these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time. When you use third-party services integrated with the Steffes products, their own terms and privacy policies will govern those services.
- For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as Steffes employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Steffes purposes. We also have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to video data.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about energy use or elevated carbon monoxide levels in the home. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the Steffes community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share non-personal information with our partners, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services or other incentive programs. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Steffes or its service providers in the United States and other countries outside the European Union where our servers reside. As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
Steffes generally stores your personal information on Steffes’ servers until you request Steffes delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a Steffes customer in order to provide you with Steffes products. In addition, Steffes may store your personal information to resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take security seriously and care about the integrity of your personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological methods to transmit and store your data securely. However, Steffes cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to your information, we provide these disclosures and the tools described in this policy so you can exercise your rights to receive information about our data practices, as well as to request access to and deletion of your information. These tools allow you to review, update and delete your information, as well as export and download a copy of it.
Steffes does not sell your personal information. We share your information as described in this policy. Steffes processes your information for the purposes described in this policy, which include “business purposes” under the CCPA. These purposes include:
- offering and improving Steffes Products and Services
- developing new products and features
- understanding how people use our products and services
- performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public
- protecting against harm to the rights, property, and safety of Steffes, our users, and the public
- detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our services
- maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems, and protecting our users’ data security
- Using service providers to perform services on our behalf, in compliance with our privacy policies and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures
- If you have additional questions or requests related to your rights under the CCPA, you can contact us as explained below.
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postal address is:
3050 Hwy 22 N.
Dickinson, ND 58601